About our patterns
- All our patterns arrive direct to your email inbox. Instantly. We do not sell paper copies of our patterns because we believe there are many more advantages with digital patterns (they arrive instantly, they last forever and can print as many times as you like, you can print only the size you need and they have a lighter carbon footprint on the planet as they do not require physical shipping).
- Most of our patterns have a 1cm (3/8") seam allowance included (unless otherwise stated). Please refer pattern markings.
- You can print-at-home or send the AO large scale file to a Print Shop. We are in the process of transitioning all our patterns to offer them in both AO and for each multi-size option. Please refer to the heading "Size & Purchasing options" for each pattern to see if it comes in Multi-sized+AO or the AO file is purchased separately.
- Our patterns come to you as an Adobe PDF file and are formatted so that you can view and print only the size you need using the Adobe layers feature - this avoids unnecessary "noise" of unwanted sizes on your print out.
- Once downloaded, and saved to your computer, your pattern is available for you to print as many times as you wish in the future (although they are copy righted and for personal use only). Printing them on A4 or USLetter - or even AO, means the pattern paper is much more robust than traditional tissue and therefore has a much longer lifespan.
- If you have any trouble receiving or printing your PDF sewing pattern, please refer the FAQs (Main menu | Reference | FAQs) or the articles under our "Getting Started" Blog.
OUR MISSION IS TO ENSURE OUR PATTERNS ARE SIMPLE ENOUGH TO ENSURE SUCCESS AND DIFFERENT ENOUGH TO CELEBRATE.
The first collection is dominated by garments that are simple – with a different perspective. There are no zips, welt pockets or button holes. I have tried to challenge the conventional by mixing knit and woven fabric together and using simple techniques like gathering in unusual places.
When you purchase a digital pattern from The Sewing Revival you will be supplied with a link to immediately download a PDF file which includes your pattern pieces and written instructions on compiling your paper pattern and sewing up your garment.
The pattern pieces are printed with markings to align them prior to taping them together. Printing and taping instructions are included in more detail here.
We know that one pattern will never fit every body and include instructions to alter the length (shorten or lengthen) of our patterns. We also have a photo blog explaining how to adjust the length of a pattern here. We try to ensure all our patterns have a relaxed fit (or good margin of error) to accommodate a range of body shapes. We like to celebrate how unique people are and encourage you to explore alternative looks within a single pattern with different fabric selections.
All our sewing patterns are available in digital format (PDF files that arrive straight to your email inbox). You can print them at home or take the larger scale AO size to your local printer. Whilst we are working toward providing every multi-sized pattern in both options (the Print-at-home file and the AO file), some of the older patterns are still separate. Please refer to the the details under "Size and Purchasing Options" for each pattern. Please also note we do not sell hard copy paper patterns.