Swimwear - Aqua top & shorts
Regular price $16.50
Unit price per
Much cuter than sunburn - these rash tops let you play much longer outside.
AQUA TOP sewing pattern has optional sleeve cuffs giving you a little extra option to play with contrasting fabrics or you can choose a more subtle fold under wrist hem.
AQUA SHORTS sewing pattern is a super easy sew from swim lycra - great for all day wear in and out of the water. Paddle boarding, surfing, water skiing - whatever your water thing. Comfy and practical.
- Easy sew (no over locker needed - samples sewn in 100% zig-zag stitch)
- Rash Top pattern with or without sleeve cuff (Easy - Confident beginner 4/10)
- Aqua short is a flattering style with wide non gathered waistband (sits flat against your stomach without clinging). The Aqua Short has a loose leg like a normal short but sewn from swim lycra makes them quick to dry, extremely comfortable, light and perfect for water sport action (or relaxing on the beach). (Confident beginner 3.5 to 4/10)
- A perfect introduction to stretch sewing
- Each pattern comes in 3 sizes (you get the size up and size down as well)
- Use the Adobe layers feature to only print your size (eliminating unnecessary lines and markings)
- Simple instructions with clear photographs showing construction steps.
- Sew in contrasting fabric or all in one.
- Immediate download after purchase (you can be sewing within the hour).
Share your makes on Instagram & Facebook tagging #DIYRashTop #DIYaquashort #TSRswimwearand @thesewingrevival
Refer the chart in the images - swimwear lycra recommended
Confident beginner - a great introduction to sewing with stretch (with or without an overlocker/serger).
SIZE & FITTING
The rash top and aqua pants are fitted garments.
The rash top has "negative ease" which means it will stretch firm against the body (it is not tight).
The aqua shorts are fitting around the torso with a slight flare on the leg (depending on your thigh width).
At present the Rashtop and aqua shorts are only available in sizes NZ-AU-UK 8-18 (US 4-14) although this pattern is scheduled for update in the new format and size range in Nov/Dec21.
WHAT DO I GET WITH MY PURCHASE?
Please note you are purchasing a digital pattern that will be sent directly to your email inbox after payment. You can print this pattern at home on A4 or US letter-sized paper. *You will not receive a hard copy printed pattern.*
Instant download available immediately after checkout includes:
2. PAH Pattern file (PAH=Print at home) - in sizes NZ/UK8-18 (US4-14)
For printing in A4 or US Letter on a home printer. Printing at home is the most cost-effective, and sticking your pattern tiles together to make your full size pattern is easy. Further information for printing at home can be found in our Resources section here.
3. Large scale Pattern file (AO) for taking to your local Print Shop -in sizes NZ/UK8-18 (US4-14)
AO is a large scale file designed to be printed at a Print Copy Shop. You cannot print this on your home printer as it is too big. If you choose to use this large file you will pay extra to have it printed but you do not have to stick anything together.
You can use the ADOBE LAYERS FEATURE to open the PAH pattern file and print only the size you need (and eliminate the "noise" of the unwanted sizes). You can also use the URL and bookmark links within the file to quickly access information and support. Download Adobe Reader for free (for Windows and Mac) here.
Easy to follow True to Size Looking forward to buying more from site.
Very quick sew with great results. Great fit and just what I was looking for to wear while stand up paddleboarding.
Swim shorts and rashtop
Another superb pattern! The shorts and top went together really easily. Love love love the swim shorts! They fit well, legs are a good width and length. Perfect for Watersport! Really like the helpful tips in the pattern instructions...so useful.
Rash top and shorts
Perfect. So easy to complete the purchase. Thank you
Ease of use
When I downloaded the pattern and read the instructions my first thought was, oh my what have I got myself into. Once I started assembling the blocks I changed my thought pattern to how easy is this. I've made both shorts and rashtop and are using them and have just cut out another set. I have also purchased heavier material to make shorts that will be for exercise as I feel this pattern is quite versatile. I'm very happy that I purchased this pattern.