Stitching in the Ditch
This technique is useful to secure a facing or lining to the inside of a garment. If it is done neatly it is very hard to see the stitching on the outside because it sits on top of an exiting seam.
- Pin the facing to the garment
- Turn your garment the right side up
- Ensure the colour of the thread you are using is the same colour as the garment.
- Place the machine needle on top of the existing seam line
- Stitch along the existing seam line so that the stitches sit directly on top and are undetectable.