Fernbird Dress & Top
A pull on dress or top, the Fernbird is feminine, fun and easy to wear. With bust darts and "grown on" sleeves, the key design features are the deep double frills and scooped rear hem. This is a throw-on-and-look-glam-in-a-second dress, so easily worn with sneakers or heels.
Beautifully cool in rayon/viscose the dress and top is professionally finished with a simple neck facing.
- Deep double frill (fold under so no frill hem)
- Scooped rear hem line (dress only) for dramatic effect and emphasized design.
- V Neck and round neck options
- Loose fitting and designed to sit mid knee (front) and mid calf (rear) - but easily adjustable
- Sizes NZ/AU 6-22
>DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Confident beginner ready for the next step. Easy Intermediate (2/5). No closures (zips or buttons). Skill learnt: Gathering frills.
Light to mid weight fabrics with a good drape.
We highly recommended rayon/viscose for this pattern, but tencel, silk, cotton/silk and cotton/poly blends. Have fun contrasting the dress body with the frill fabric. We even had a play with a light weight cotton/metal fabric in contrasting frill which looks great.
>SIZE & PURCHASING OPTIONS:
Model wears size 10 (NZ/AU) and is 171 cm tall
This PDF pattern is available in sizes 6-22.
All new patterns now include both Print-at-home and AO Copy Shop PDFs for each size selection which will be delivered directly to your email inbox. Please note you will not receive a paper copy of this pattern in the post.
>INSTANT DOWNLOAD available immediately after checkout includes:
1. Clear, detailed instructions with diagrams and photos
2. Print at home pattern tiles (printable in A4 or Letter)
3. AO Copy shop file if you wish to print on large scale paper at your local print shop
>Use the ADOBE LAYERS FEATURE to open the PDF pattern file and print only the size you need (and eliminate the "noise" of the unwanted sizes). You can also use the URL and bookmark links within the file to quickly access information and support. Download Adobe Reader for free (for Windows and Mac) here.
>Share your makes on Instagram tagging #FernbirdDress and @thesewingrevival