Mallard Coat ** NEW **
A stand out coat in either waist or full length for 2 very different looks.
This is a perfect "first coat" sew and we've rated it "easy intermediate". You can create the designer look without having to sew a button hole (let's face it - you can wreck a great coat if you don't have a good button hole function on your sewing machine).
- 2 length options - waist or thigh lengths
- Large flap featured pocket (optional)
- 2 collar options (round or square)
- Collars can either stand up or fold down depending on preference
- Fully lined
- Trans seasonal - a coat for winter warmth or summer evening
- Instructions to create optional featured couture cross (for oversized dome closures)
- Other closure options (buttons, domes, toggles, oversized hook and eye)
- Sizes NZ/AU 6-22
>DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy Intermediate (3/5). Skills learnt: Sewing an easy concave to convex curve, coat construction, alternate closures, full lining. This is a simple coat construction.
WOVEN fabrics : Mid weight woven fabrics depending on your intended use.
WINTER COAT: Felted wool | Wool/poly blends | Upholstery fabric (size up as this has less drape/movement) | Mid weight quilted fabrics | Denim | Winter weight blends
SUMMER COAT: Cotton sateen (with or without minimal stretch) | Cotton drill | Cotton canvas | mid to heavy weight linen
>SIZE & PURCHASING OPTIONS:
Model 1 (green and floral coats) wears size 10 (NZ/AU) and is 171 cm tall
Model 2 (denim quilted coat) wears size 14 (NZ/AU) and is 178 cm tall
This PDF pattern is available in sizes 6-22.
If you are between sizes and using a heavy fabric without any stretch, we recommend sizing up.
All new patterns now include both Print-at-home and AO Copy Shop PDFs for each size selection.
>INSTANT DOWNLOAD available immediately after checkout includes 3 PDF files:
1. Instructions - Clear, detailed instructions with diagrams, photos & links to relevant tutorials
2. Print at home pattern tiles- (printable in A4 or US Letter) - file extension labelled "PAH"
3. AO Copy shop file - if you wish to print on large scale paper at your local print shop - file extension labelled "AO"
>Use the ADOBE LAYERS FEATURE to open the PDF pattern file and print only the size you need (and eliminate the "noise" of the unwanted sizes). You can also use the URL and bookmark links within the file to quickly access information and support. Download Adobe Reader for free (for Windows and Mac) here.
>Share your makes on Instagram tagging #MallardCoat and @thesewingrevival